Friday, February 20, 2009

Sadie's big announcement!

We are thrilled to announce that Sadie will indeed be a big sister sometime in September! That's right, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! We are very excited and have been waiting to share our good news with our family and friends until we were further along.

I am feeling great so far although I am so very tired. I try to go to bed no later than 9pm which is quite a change for me! So far I've had no morning sickness but every once in a while I just feel icky. I'm feeling very lucky!

We've been to see the doctor twice now and things look great. I had an ultrasound at about 6.5 weeks and it is amazing to see the tiny babe and the fast heartbeat on the screen. I'll post the pics at the bottom for those of you who are interested after I scan them. Today I had another visit and the baby's heartbeat was strong-168 beats a min. It was a great sound!

It is a little surreal at this point but, we are so happy to share our news with you. Our due date is September 18. I know, I know...I'll be big and pregnant in the summer...in Houston! ha. I'll be fine!

Please pray for our little baby to be healthy and strong. We can't wait until September to meet this sweet baby! Thanks for sharing in our joy! We love you! Tamara, Derek, Sadie and Baby

6 comments:

  1. It's about time!!! I'm so happy for you guys. If it is a girl you would be sooooo sick. Must be a boy!!!
    Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to comment like a thousand times and it won't let me so I'm trying it again. You already know how excited I am for y'all!! But I'll say it again anyway. Love the blog. I'm so glad you've started one. It's a great way to keep a family journal. And you are lucky to be able to start from the beginning of your "growing" family. ha, ha. I look forward to checking it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet the new addition to Team Phillips! I already had my shirt made to wear with Sadie, it says "Favorite Aunt Kami". (Sorry Shay and Lauren...dibs). As soon as I get confirmation that it's a girl, you've got 5 LARGE bins of clothes coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have dibs on Favorite Great Aunt Tangie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dunno kami, "favorite aunt lo" has a pretty sweet ring to it. i guess this means war. may the best aunt win.

    ReplyDelete