Tuesday, September 1, 2009

38 weeks!!!


We're getting close!!! Check out that big 'ol baby! ha. ha. These pics are from Monday and Tuesday of this week. Derek thinks I'm nuts but, I keep thinking the baby will be out and want to get pics of this gigantic stomach almost everyday! ha. I am starting to feel very ready for our baby to make its entrance. I had a doctor's appointment Monday and everything looks great. We're dilated to 2cm's as of Monday and about 50% effaced. Dr. Holste wanted to make sure the baby was head down so she pulled in the ultrasound machine for a quick look. I got to see the top of our sweet baby's head and was a little shocked...I'm hoping she had the machine zoomed in or else that head was HUGE! ha. She didn't say anything about the baby being large or anything and I actually don't think the baby is that big. I think I'm big but the baby will probably be smaller than I'm imagining. Here's to hope:)

By Wednesday morning, I was sure something was happening. I had contractions probably every half hour most of the day. Then by around 10:30 that night, everything stopped. Nice. So, I'm not getting my hopes up now. I'm planning that this baby will come when it comes and hopefully we'll be surprised if it comes a little bit early. Everyone at work thought I'd had the baby and so when I came back Thursday I had to explain that no, "I'M STILL PREGNANT". Not as much fun as a big announcement!

I've got everything at work wrapped up so that if I don't come back after the holiday weekend, everything is done. All the nesting is done too because I'm crazy so I've just been taking it easy. I notice that it takes me about twice as long to do ANYTHING anymore. Waking up and dressing for work is a major production. Heck, getting up off the couch is a 4 step process! I still feel really good just starting to drag around more and basically am ready for the baby to get on the scene! I'm trying to spend time reading, swimming (I think the life guards are getting progressively more nervous as they see me walking into the pool), napping & taking it easy.

I can't believe we're already to the end of this pregnancy. In so many ways it's flown by! It's true what they say though...the last few weeks are the hardest because you're so ready to meet the baby! It won't be long now! If you didn't leave a prediction on the last post or so, leave one now...our time is hopefully almost up:) Thanks for checking on us. We go back to the doctor on Wed to see how we're doing if we don't have the baby before then!

Love Tam, Derek, Sadie & Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Michaela was looking at your pictures with me and this is what she had to say (exactly), "She your friend mom? She have a baby in her tummy! She go to the hospital soon. That baby is BIG!" ha,ha,ha. I hope she is right on the hospital part and NOT right on the BIG part. lol. Gotta love 3 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look soo cute! I know you're ready for this "little" one - 7lbs 2oz, 19" - to be here. So, get ready. Reminder, it'll be Wednesday. Everyone's calling to see if we have a baby yet. Everyone if Fwood is ready for this. We'll have to put a billboard up when the kid is born! Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete