Well, it's been a while since I last updated. It seems like time is flying by. Jack is getting bigger and sweeter by the minute. We are working hard to get him back to normal post ear infection. I didn't realize being a little sick could throw our sweet boy for a loop. It was hard to see him sick and feeling bad. We spent a lot of time rocking, shsshing, standing in the bathroom with the water on full blast trying to calm down our baby enough to lull him to sleep. The days of Jack sleeping through the night seemed like a thing of the past. We really had to work hard to get him pretty much back to normal and had to spend 2 nights letting him cry it out. He was pretty stubborn but, we got him pretty much back to sleeping the same amount as before. He's been sleeping from about 11 to 7 am. Slowly but surely we'll get him back to sleepin'!
In the midst of trying almost anything to get Jack to try sleeping again, we decided to add cereal to his meals. So far he's just been nursed so we added cereal thinking he wouldn't go for it. Boy was I wrong. He LOVES cereal. I should have known...so far this boy hasn't turned anything down, including medicine! By the end of the first attempt at cereal, Jack was opening his mouth like a little bird and following the spoon. What a big boy. He wasn't really even too messy. I guess he didn't want to lose any of the yummy cereal goodness! ha.
Jack has been so busy playing on his play mat lately. He loves the mat and will kick, squeal and reach for his toys. We love to hear him get so excited when his hand connects with a toy. We put him in the exersaucer and he loves that too. It's a little tiring for him but, he is really enamored with all the little toys.
I've started going back to work for a couple hours a week. I am so blessed to have a really flexible situation that is really no pressure. Derek is keeping Jack while I am at work and he is really enjoying that. Derek is such a good daddy and it is fun to see him loving and playing with Jack. It has been nice to get out some without Jack and use my brain a little for work stuff. When I come home Jack lights up and it melts my heart. It is funny that every minute I am away from him I'm wondering what he's doing. Derek probably gets tired of me calling to check and see what Jack's up to!
We've gotten a chance to show Jack off a little more now that he's getting a little bigger. It has been really fun to see how excited people are to meet our little boy. It is amazing what sheer joy a baby brings and we're thrilled to share him!
No comments:
Post a Comment