Tuesday, June 16, 2009

26 weeks along!

We are doing great! We've been a little busy with celebrating birthdays, working, trying out the new swimsuit, childbirth class etc. My birthday was wonderful! I had a great week! Derek got me a snow cone maker which I have seriously wanted since I was a child! I can only imagine that I'll be making a lot of snow cones this summer! He also got me a prenatal massage which I am really excited about! I also got a freezer and plan to be stocking that with food before this baby comes! Lots of great time spent with family and I really enjoyed my birthday!

We went to our child birth class which was pretty uneventful but, really informative. We did a hospital tour and I think we both feel a little better about the whole thing. Although, I think we both could have done without the videos. I'm just hoping Derek paid attention to the timing of the contractions. I can already see if I'm in pain I won't be able to keep up with all those numbers!

I have also been sporting my new swimsuit proudly:) We went on the annual women's trip with Derek's family to the Comal river. We relaxed and played in the river. It felt so great to this hot, chunky mama! Our nieces were there and we had so much fun watching them play in the river and experience the cold water. We shuttled our 1 year old twin nieces back to houston and enjoyed the practice! I think we did alright...no crying or anything. They slept the whole way. I'm sure we'll never be so lucky with our own kids! It was funny to see people looking at us...me pregnant and both of us toting a twin on our hips. We got a lot of "looks".

The baby and I had a check up yesterday for our 26th week. We did the glucose/diabetes test. I had to fast yesterday and of course was starving. I got to the doctor's office, drank the very sugary orange drink and waited an hour for my blood to be drawn. I wish y'all could have felt this baby moving! I think the sugar shocked it's poor system and it was kicking...HARD. I was laughing because I'd never felt it kick so much but the nurse said its normal. She was laughing because she could see all the kicks through my dress. Pretty wild. I'll get the results tomorrow but, I'm sure everything's fine. The baby's heartbeat was 154 and strong. My blood pressure was still really good 120/70 and I am measuring right at 26 cms. My doctor did a full exam and said things look good and we're right where we're supposed to be. She told me to go ahead and start setting up my 2 week visits after the next appt. I almost fainted. She just laughed and said, "Yep! This baby is really coming!"

I can't believe this is all going by so fast. I'm sure the end will feel like a lifetime but, it really has gone so fast to me. I am really loving being pregnant for the most part. I'm starting to get more heartburn and I am HOT but, it's definiately worth it! We can't wait to see this baby.

I'll post some random pics that I downloaded from the camera. I was trying to do a pic every week but, the weeks sometimes get away from me. Thanks for checking in on us. And if you're wondering...I still think this baby is gonna be a boy!

Love Tamara, Derek, Sadie and the baby

Tam, baby & Sadie at 22 weeks.

22 Weeks again...

On my 29th bday with the cake Derek made me!

The kid and I smashing a pinata on my bday!

26 weeks. Although this shirt is comfy, the horizontal stripes don't do anything good for my figure:)

1 comment:

  1. Great pix! I love the one of you in the striped top. You look older than 15! You look great! Sounds like the kid has a trampoline to jump on inside of you! Take care, not too much tex-mex for awhile. You go girl....
    :)

    ReplyDelete