Thursday, May 28, 2009

24 weeks and feeling great!

Hitting the 6 month mark is wild to me! I can't believe how quickly things are moving along! I can already tell that I will never be the same! I figured as much but, I am quickly realizing it is true! I am pretty sure my body will never be the same but, I can already see that the majority of my time, energy and most of all thoughts will be centered on this baby! From the moment I wake up until I go to bed I feel this baby kicking and tap dancing. I spend probably a third of my day trying to figure out if what I just felt was a foot or an elbow or a head butt??? The possibilities are endless. And I wonder if it's a boy practicing soccer kicks or a girl just being dramatic! I love it! This baby is not even here and it's occupying all my time! I rest my case!

The movements are getting pretty predictable and it's fun to feel at this point--the kicks aren't too hard yet. The baby is usually quiet for an hour or so and then very busy for 15-20 mins. Just little tapping and the occasional hiccups. Derek finally got to feel the baby early Wed morning. I had been in bed for a while trying to sleep when I felt some very rhythmic kicking. I finally realized it wasn't kicking but hiccups. I just laid there laughing thinking how fun this was. Derek woke up, reached over and felt the hiccups. It was so fun. I've been showing him for a couple weeks but he couldn't feel the movement. Now I guess baby's big enough and you can feel and even see the kicks if you watch closely!

Derek and I have been going to a parenting seminar at our church on Thursday nights and it has been great. The lady has discussed everything from discipline to faith to play time. It has been kinda overwhelming but, has given us a lot of things to discuss and think about. Luckily we agree on one thing...we don't have to have it all figured out the day the baby pops out! What a freeing thought! I'm glad we had the opportunity to go and I'm sure I'll look back on all these notes at some point!

We've also been nesting. Well, I made the list and Derek's taking care of it! Thank goodness for a very helpful Derek or I'd be up a creek. I'm not much help between going to the bathroom and getting a snack and feeling like I need a nap! He is tackling the list and I'm feeling better every day that things are checked off! We've cleaned everything out of the nursery that doesn't belong, moved a lot of furniture, taken about 8 bags of stuff to goodwill, made our office closet into a really cool craft space to house my sewing stuff and the list goes on!

One last thing---I got a maternity bathing suit. Let me first say that trying on swimsuits in this condition is a crazy idea. I don't care how cute you think you look in your maternity clothes-something changes when you try to squeeze into a swimsuit. My mom actually picked one up for me because I needed a bigger size that my store didn't have. It fits great and is pretty cute but, seriously there should be more sizes and a couple more styles or something. It's hard enough to find a regular swimsuit when you have about 10 stores and zillions of styles but, you get one store and like 4 color choices. Strange I tell ya! I tried the suit out over the weekend at the beach. Good times and I don't think anyone was staring too much. Well I hope not! ha.

I turn 29 years old tomorrow on the 29th of May and I'll be 6 months pregnant. I feel like that's pretty cool. Quite a few milestones! I'm glad to be sharing this birthday with my baby and look forward to many more to come! Thanks for checking on us!

Love Tam, D, Sadie and the baby

3 comments:

  1. Where's a pic of you in your swim suit? You always post a pic of you & Sadie! Happy birthday little momma. Have a fun day! Isn't it fun feeling the little one running around inside of you?! The hiccups is so funny. Wait till you tell the kid about that. Ah, good times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha there will be no pic of the swimsuit! But, I'll add a pic from my bday weekend next week! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less than 100 days! Countdown begins....

    ReplyDelete