Monday, May 4, 2009

1/2 way!!!

I can hardly believe that we hit the halfway point of this pregnancy on Friday! I am still feeling great. I have gained about 13 lbs so I'm starting to "feel" the weight. Let's hope I only gain 13 more! I'm trying to walk and do my prego videos so we'll just have to see what happens.

I decided since we're at the halfway point and our weekends are getting scarce, I would go ahead and register. Thankfully, my good friend Jill went along to help me! She was a complete jewel! She brought snacks and water and her camera! It was great. We were in babies r us for a LONG time. She was so helpful and I think if it wouldn't have been for her I would have passed out somewhere along the way! It was a little overwhelming but, hopefully I got all the things on the list that we really need. We're also rounding up furniture and slowly cramming our nursery full! I brought home the bassinet that my mom used for Lauren and I this weekend. It is a golden yellow color and I'm trying to decide if we'll paint it red or just go with the now antiquey yellow. We've got work to do in there but things are starting to come together!

Sadie is starting to get a little concerned about all the new pieces coming in the door. I bought a little blue corduroy puppy over the weekend for the baby and was showing it to Derek. I set it down on the coffee table and moments later Sadie had run off with it. She is in for a shock when she begins to realize all the things we're wagging in are no longer for her!

Here are a couple pics from week 20. The last pic is me resting after a long day of work. You can see my little buddy Sadie is close by. She is alway underfoot. She laid up on the bed next to me and put her paw over my stomach. I love this dog! I'm going to try and take the pics every week now because I suppose my bump will be growing! Thank goodness I'm not as hungry as last week! Who knows what we're in for. Every day is really a new day with this baby. I still am feeling the fluttery movement but, I'll say I'm ready for a big elbow or a kick. Thanks for following our journey. It has really been great fun so far. Keep praying that my body will continue to cooperate and that our baby will grow strong and healthy!

Love you all, Tam, Derek, Sadie and Baby

PS if you're reading and haven't voted--vote at the bottom of the page if you think the baby is a boy/girl. I must confess I've voted TWICE for BOY. But last week, I started thinking this may be a girl! Who knows!



6 comments:

  1. 1: you can't fool us by cropping sadie's head out of the first pic...we all know she was there. its like you don't even love her anymore.

    2: body language of the last pic is all wrong...no bending at the knees, better posture, don't look so giddy. sadie is obviously not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lauren, you crack me up. It's so fun to register. Sadie is NOT looking happy I agree. Poor, poor girl. Unless you start carrying lower I'm going to have to change my vote to a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie is fine people. She is probably getting better treatment than you are Lauren. She is just still in a coma from a long walk the day before. Don't worry, Sadie will bounce back! Thanks for the concern though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I was going to say the same thing about Sadie. She looks like she is only tolerating ya'll! Tam, you look adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tam you look great!!!

    Poor Sadie is going to have to learn how to share :-)

    Although sometimes toys are more fun with a little added dog drool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I finally learned how to post a comment. You can stop laughing now. I am so happy for you guys. Your parents must be absolutely thrilled. It is just such a miracle. We are truely a work of art created by an awesome loving master. I really could not appreciate that until I was pregnant and each week I would learn about how Madison was developing. Her little heart, brain, spine, fingers, toes, eyes, ears, etc. It was all so overwhelming. I love what you're doing with this page. Wish I would've thought of it. Anyways, love you guys and can't wait to meet baby Phillips :-)

    ReplyDelete