Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things I never knew about being pregnant...

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was in store for when I got pregnant. Boy was I wrong! There is a growing list of things that have surprised me so I thought I'd share. Here they are in no particular order!

1. I never knew I'd drink so much water! I am dying of thirst and water is the only thing that does it for me. I even wake up in the night and drink a big gulp. Must be the reason for the continuous trips to the bathroom???

2. I don't remember food tasting sooo good. Everything tastes awesome. Bananas taste especially incredible and my taste buds have stopped revolting and all things sweet taste great again! Thank goodness!

3. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to see my feet already. I thought that would be a thing that happened like the day before I went into labor. But, I checked it out and can't see my feet unless I bend over and kinda stick them out. Weird.

4. I didn't know my belly button could almost disappear. I think that's pretty wild. We may be sporting an outie soon. Derek still can't figure out why I wanted to take a picture of my flat belly button. Beyond crazy to me!

5. I didn't know walking would become a very exhausting sport. Walking Sadie has become quite a workout!

6. I didn't know lying on the couch, resting and doing nothing could be so awesome! I may never go back to cleaning or organizing! Well, maybe. ha.

7. I didn't know that everyone I encountered from store clerks to strangers would try to figure out if I'm carrying a boy or a girl. So far only one stranger has rubbed my belly down (quite alarming) although she did claim that it's a girl for sure. About 20 mins later another stranger asked me if I wanted to know what I was having. I said I guess you're going to tell me and she said, "If it's not a boy- I'd be shocked!"I guess we'll have to wait and see!

8. I didn't know everyone would fall for our fake names...Wilson or Phillip...come on people. We're crazy but not THAT crazy. We'll keep our names quiet for now since we're still fighting over them!

9. I didn't know I would feel so good! I might have had a baby earlier if I knew I'd feel like this! I don't want to say too much to jinx myself or anything but I feel good!

10. I didn't know that we would already love this little, itty bitty baby soo much! I can hardly wait to meet this new addition! Only 18 more weeks and we will! That's a little shocking! I feel like we've got a lot of work to do getting ready for this babe.

11. I didn't know I would get so emotional! I went to my Young Life choir kids final concert on Tuesday and was crying as they sang America the Beautiful and walked the flags down the aisle. Then as my senior girls walked down the aisle in their cap & gowns the water works continued. I felt nuts. These aren't even my kids! I do love them but, my hormones must be really working overtime!

12. I didn't know that I would lie awake at 4 am feeling my baby move around and trying to get comfortable and be happy that I woke up to feel these first movements! It is such a great feeling. I am starting to feel so much movement. I think the first time I really felt big movement beyond the swishy butterfly feelings was during the concert Tues. Get ready I think the kid already likes music! It really is a sweet feeling so far!

13. I didn't know I'd be pregnant and going to a parenting seminar. My church is doing a seminar that I'm really excited about!

14. I had no idea that nesting was really real. Oh it's for real and it's in full force effect! My list is so long. Poor Derek:)

15. I didn't know that everyone would be so excited about this baby! We are feeling so loved!

Here's a pic from after the concert Tues night. I think you can tell I've been a little teary! This is Katie--one of my favorite girls! I will surely miss her. This is the kid and I at 21 weeks. We'll be 22 weeks tomorrow and I have a doctor's visit Monday. We'll keep ya posted!

Love Tam

4 comments:

  1. two comments- you are getting big! NOT in a bad way (please stop crying) but in a very cute preggers way! And, what has happened to your boobs!?! Derek must be enjoying that, um...change, a lot. :) Yes, I really did go there. You can delete this comment after you read it if you want - I understand. ha,ha,ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #12, talking about laying in bed feeling your baby move around. You'll never forget that. You'll see your feet after the kid joins us. You'll just have to have pedicures till the birth day. Unless Derek is going to polish your little toes! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should write a book, What i didn't know about being pregnant...with just what you wrote above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to Aunt Tang's comment. Not only will he be polishing your toes, soon he will also be shaving your legs!!! One more thing to add to add to your list. Poor, poor Derek :)

    ReplyDelete