Sunday, July 19, 2009

31 Weeks~

We made it to 31 weeks and I'm still feeling really good. I'm a little more tired than I've been the past few weeks but, I think that's pretty normal. It has been unbelievably hot here...the weather folks are saying this is the hottest summer since 1980. I believe it. I thought this was the hottest summer since I've been alive and I think that's proof since I was born in 1980! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's feeling hot!

We went to Lake LBJ for a few days of relaxation. It was nice to get away...although very hot. We stayed right on the lake and got out in the boat as much as my prego body could handle it! It was great to stay in my swimsuit almost the whole week and float in the water. If only it had been a little cooler!

We've had 2 more showers the past few weeks. Our dear friends Jill and Gardale threw us a couples dessert party with some of our young life friends. It was a great time and Jill out did herself making yummy petit fours! We also had a brunch given by a sweet family friend. Ladies that have been involved in my life for years either through young life or bible studies came out to celebrate the baby. It was a lovely time of visiting and laughing with friends. We are so thankful to be blessed with good friends and family!

Derek and I have been working on putting together all this baby gear. Derek has been doing more of the work and I've been doing more of the pointing and directing. He won't let me lift hardly anything! Sadie of course has been supervising most of our work and has her eye on a few toys that she'd just love to call her own. She's only carted off one stuffed animal that we know of. We quickly retrieved it. We're gonna have to watch her!

I'm posting quite a few pics here so you can see what we've been up to. We are feeling so blessed to be nearing the end of this pregnancy with me still feeling good and healthy. I'm sure as the weeks go on and I get bigger and bigger and more uncomfortable this may not be so fun. But, for now, I'm really enjoying pregnancy and all that it entails. We can't wait for September to get here though so we can hold our baby! It won't be long now!

I go to the doctor on the 27th and I'm hopeful that she'll have a good report for us! Until then...thanks for checking on us! Love Tam, Derek, Sadie and Baby!

The 1st baby shower! Thrown by my Aunt Tangie!

Baby Petit fours made by Jill!

The 30 week belly. Yikes! The 31 week belly!

Brunch with the ladies!


Sadie supervising the stroller assembly.

Sadie already watching over the baby cradle in our room. What a great big sister!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the picture of Derek. Looks JUST like Aaron. Ohhh...putting things together...SO not fun!!! Maybe you shouldn't remind him that this is ONLY the beginning. There will be MANY Christmas' to come where there are a million toys to open and put together. We'll work out something to get the mattress to you. My mom can probably bring it in her car when she picks up Logan in August for space camp if you can wait that long. Again...how can something so little need so much STUFF!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing Tiff mentioned about the years to come of DP putting toys together. What fun! Sadie looks like she's on guard duty and not terribly amused! But, cracks me up as always. We know who the boss is around there! Jill's petit fours look so pretty. Great shower pix. You'll probably get more rest when the kid comes, cause you've had such a busy summer! Aaaah...good times. You look so cute (and sunburned) in the pix. Cute little Momma! Countdown begins...T minus 60. Let's get this party started! Luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete