Friday, July 24, 2009

Resting & trying to relax!

How far along: 32 weeks
Wt. Gain: I've stopped weighing myself!
My BP: 114/60
Baby: Heart beat 154
Best maternity clothes: dresses...I'm over pants!
Sleep: Getting more sleep the past week or so
Movement: This child is wild & moves all day long but mainly in the evening or late night
Cravings: bananas & anything with lime
Labor signs: Lots of braxton hicks contractions
Belly Button: Mainly out now!
What I miss: Seeing my feet, not running into things with my stomach, sleeping for 8 hrs
What I love: feeling this baby constantly moving, wondering if it's a boy or girl, people loving this baby!
Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery
Milestone: 8 mos pregnant in July with hardly any rain...hey I think that's a milestone! Also married 8 years this past week!

This morning I had a doctor's appt. Everything looks right on track. The doctor said the baby feels head down but, will still move around till about 36 weeks. She'll do a better exam in 2 weeks and let me know where we are! All my blood work came back normal so no more blood work till labor day! We talked about a lot of labor/hospital things and I realized there's no turning back. The baby will be here before we know it. I'll see the doctor every 2 weeks till the middle of Aug then every week. So far so good. The baby's heartbeat was very strong and it is a sound I really look forward to hearing!

We've been resting and relaxing the past week or so. Our 8 year anniversary was Tues. Derek brought me home some gorgeous red roses. I had a massage on Saturday and then we went to Maggiano's for dinner and to see a movie. Yes, Derek's spoiling me! It was a fun evening and I still can't believe we've been married 8 years! I love him more today than I thought I would 8 years ago! He definitely keeps me sane and I can't imagine life without him. We can't wait to meet our baby and it makes 8 years feel even better thinking about all that is to come!

We've been keeping Sammy-Tyler's dog since last Thursday. Sadie and Sammy play pretty well together although, Sadie has her certain routines and apparently her idea of fun is NOT to be constantly bathed by Sammy. And, of course Sammy's so persistent! They've had too much fun and I can't count the number of times Derek's sprayed Sammy with the waterhose. Sammy loves the mud puddle we have in the backyard! ha.

Then Sunday we went to Kroger & Costco. You know you're pregnant and crazy when it feels very important to get a lot of food bought up months before you have your baby! I have great plans to freeze a bunch of meals for after the baby and so I'm starting this week. I've been really worried about having the baby and then never getting a chance to eat again so this is my remedy for that! I know, I'm completely insane! But, I feel awesome knowing that my pantry and freezer are chocked full of food. It would be completely embarrassing to show a picture of the pantry right now...I just may have to do it! ha.

We're looking forward to a few more baby showers and finishing up the baby's room. My mom is working really hard on all the bedding and I can't wait to see it! I'll put up some pics when we get everything ready. Still feeling really good, a little slower & more tired than normal but, I think I just feel 8 mos pregnant! I'll be taking advantage of the neighborhood pool every chance I can get from here on! Thanks for checking in on us! Keep praying for a healthy, sweet baby!

Here are a few pics of Sadie & Sammy and pics of me at 32 weeks! Thanks for checking on us! Love Tam, Derek, Sadie & baby!

Sadie & Sammy



Tam & Baby at 32 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Sammy is beautiful! Seems very animated. So glad you're feeling good, as you say, just feel 8 months pregnant. How funny, running into things with your belly. I know how you feel! Yeah for a good check up. Sounds like the kid is a night owl like the rest of us. Don't forget to mention to the dr we want the baby born on Sept. 9th. Just think when he's 9 or 90 yrs old how cool that will be to have a b'day of 9-9-09! Now if you could time it at 9:09 that would be even better! Love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete