So, I'm posting this a little early. I have a busy weekend or so ahead of me!
We're doing great over here. I had my 34 week check up on Monday and everything looks good. I'm up 30 lbs! No, not in the last week...overall:) Who knew 30 lbs could be so fun! ha. ha. My blood pressure is still pretty low which I'm thankful for and the baby's heart beat is still strong at 154 bpm. I'm measuring right at 34 weeks. When I go back at 36 weeks my doctor will do a full exam and try to tell me how big this baby is going to be. I'm starting to get worried. Since Derek was around 10 lbs I'm a bit nervous. I was around 5 lbs so I'm hoping somehow that all evens out! At this point I think I'd go for a 7lber? eh, maybe 6!
Derek's been working nights for the past week. So far so good. I'm not so great at staying alone but, my guard dog Sadie helps tremendously and the fact that I'm exhausted by 8pm helps even more! So far he's tolerating the schedule change well. He has made our bedroom into a little cave. Yes, he did put foil all over the windows. I'm sure our neighbors are loving that. Thank goodness our bedroom is on the back of the house:) The cave is working out just fine...so good that I didn't wake up Monday morning until 8:30. That's awesome when I should be halfway to work by then! It's a good thing I have an understanding boss and I think they're all kinda afraid of the baby and I!
We had a shower last weekend that was thrown by my neighbors. It was so fun to visit with everyone and we got some really cute things for the baby! I'll have to post pics later. This weekend Lauren is graduating from OT school and I have 2 more showers! It will be a full weekend for sure! I am actually taking off Monday so that I can regroup, rest and try to finish up the nursery. I think my mom's going to come back with me and help me with the finishing touches. Once the nursery is complete, I'll put up pics. I am loving the way it looks!
If everything goes well we've only got 5 more weeks till we meet and greet this sweet baby! Derek and I are getting so excited! I'm sure the last 5 weeks will drag on but, I'm optimistic that I'll get a lot of rest, some pool time and a bunch of snow cones before the kid arrives! We'll see. Why don't we do a little baby poll...leave me a comment with what date & time you think the baby will arrive, the gender and the weight if you're feeling crazy! It would be fun and I'd love to see if anyone gets it all right!
Thanks for checking on us. I'll be posting pics from our eventful weekend next week sometime.
love Tamara, Derek, Sadie and Baby Phillips
You are having so many showers!! Hopefully with all of them there won't be much left over that you have to BUY. Showers = fun, spending your own money = not so much. For those of us who don't get to see you we need more baby bump pictures!!! Remember, once the baby is as big as mine are it will LOVE seeing what mommy looked like when THEY were inside!! So about this poll....let's see....I think, sorry Tam, the baby will be born 3 days after the due date and will weight 9 pounds 5 ounces. It will be a BOY and since I'm thinking you will be induced (since a lot of babies are these days) and they start you in the morning I'm going to say you have the baby at 9:52 pm. Ok, that's it. Now, do we get some sort of prize if we're the closest??? Just wondering.
ReplyDeleteweigh I mean, not weight.
ReplyDeleteUm, you get no prize...even if you're right...9lbs 5oz?! And several days late at that? No prize for you:)
ReplyDeleteSorry, I'm late on this posting. The baby boy will be born 9-09-09, at 9:00 am or pm and will weigh, 7lbs, 2oz and 19" long. How's that? If I'm right you have to name him after me. Hardly anybody's heard of my name, so it can be male or female! :)
ReplyDelete