Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WE LOVE JACK!

Dad & Jack



Jack and Dad
Mom and Jack
Grinning Jack
Jack laughing!
Jack, Dad & Sadie before watching the rockets game!

Where has the time gone!? I am shocked that my last post was right after Jack was born. I guess time flies when you're in love! We have been enjoying every minute with Jack. The first week or 2 were interesting as we learned all about having a baby boy! Our days and nights seemed to run into one another. Between feeding him every 3 hours, diapering him, waking him up to eat (again) and holding/loving on him we had little time for anything else but Jack. Derek was home for a full week and we enjoyed every minute of that. We got peed on so many times in the first couple weeks, I can't even keep count! ha. We quickly learned how to diaper this sweet boy and I can say the accidents have slowed down but, he still surprises us! Jack is such a sweet and laid back baby and now that we've discovered how to soothe him, he rarely cries like he did in the beginning. The swaddler and noise machine have become our best friends. This baby loves the sound of water. We had a few tough nights the first week or 2 before we figured this out and I can say that we were up at 4am one morning driving around the neighborhood at a last ditch effort to get Jack to sleep or at least calm down. I couldn't believe we were doing that but, we were seriously desperate after trying everything else we could think of! Of course that was the night before we were supposed to be at the pediatrician for his 2 week visit at 8am. Yeah that wasn't a smart time for a visit! We were wiped out after that but, the good thing about life with a newborn is...there's always a nap!

I am surprised that every day is really a new day with Jack. He is changing so quickly! The time has flown by and I can't believe he's going to be 9 weeks old this weekend! I am still trying to process his arrival and he just keeps on growing before our eyes! He is a champion eater and sleeper. Our days usually start around 7:30 with Jack ready to eat. He nurses for about 45 mins and goes right back to sleep after that. He sleeps from about 8:30-11am and then stays awake for several hours until he crashes by about 1:30 pm. He'll sleep again till maybe 2:30. Then he's pretty much up with a couple cat naps until he goes to bed around midnight and we start all over the next day! We feel lucky that he sleeps so well. When he's awake, he's usually in the bouncer, on his play mat or being held! Jack has started laughing and smiling so much in the last week. He loves to be talked to and is really trying to talk back. We moved him out of our room in the cradle into his crib on Tuesday because it seemed like it was time. He did great and we were only a little sad to see that our baby is already really growing up! I have a feeling we're gonna be sentimental about every stage! Jack is about 11 pounds and from our measurement, 23 inches long. We even gave him a bath in the big tub last night becuase he's outgrowing our kitchen sink! He loves a bath and really got to kicking in the big tub last night! I can see he's going to be a great partner at the pool this summer! I can't wait!

Jack is such an easy going baby and we've been able to get on more of a schedule lately. Going out and about is getting easier too. We've made a couple trips to Friendswood to visit family and it feels like we are moving out with the amount of equipment we're lugging around for Jack. I'm quickly realizing that less is more. I'm slowly figuring out how to get us back to "normal" although I can see our lives will never be the same. Derek and I have gotten to sneak off to a movie and dinner and our conversations are full of Jack! We can't believe he's here and how much joy he's already brought to us in 9 short weeks. We are continually amazed that he's really OURS and we have a front row seat to all things Jack. If you haven't gotten to meet him yet, we're looking forward to showing him off soon. We've still been encouraged to lay low until flu season is over and Jack is a little older. We're not taking chances with that. But, for now enjoy the lastest pics of Jack. There a few with Mom/Dad and of course a few smiling pics. I just wish these pics had audio and you could hear his laugh. Maybe we'll work on uploading some video soon!

Thanks for checking in on us and I'll try to post more often. Love, Tamara, Derek, Jack and of course Sadie!

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet pix. Tell Derek his hair is cut so neatly and straight in the back. Looks good :)! Such a beautiful little family. Can't wait to hear Jack's sound effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. I love that grin. He really is a precious little boy and it sounds like you all are doing really well. Glad to see an update on here!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete