




This past weekend was Jack's first Thanksgiving. I'm starting to realize just how much more fun things are with Jack in tow! Thanksgiving was no different. We packed up and headed to Friendswood to celebrate. You would have thought we were moving out of our house. It is unbelievable to me how much one little guy requires. AMAZING!
We had a doctor's appointment the Tues before Thanksgiving and our boy now weighs 11 lbs and is 23 /34 long. He's in the 25-50th % for weight and 75-90th% for height! I can only keep praying that Jack didn't inherit my shorty genes. He had to get a lot of shots and it was no fun. I had no idea it would throw him for such a loop. I invisioned calming him down and then leaving the doctor's office...now there was no calming him down after the shots and I carried a screaming baby out the office, down the hall, down the elevators and he kept on crying till we were almost home. He was due to eat and only nursed about 2 mins before conking out. 4 hours later I woke him up to try and eat again. He was so mad about those shots. Poor guy. It was rough on all of us but, he held a grudge for the next couple days about the shots. He was really not his usual happy self. I'll be better prepared for those next time!
Jack is continually amazing us by how quickly he changes! He's found his hands and they are a great source of entertainment for him. He just stares at his little fitsts. He's getting more coordinated and his legs are constantly running. He's also getting pretty good at tummy time and holding his head up. My mom is convinced she heard his first word--"uh-oh". I shouldn't tell you she spent about 20 mins saying that to him. It did sound like it though and he even copied the rhythm and pitch. I can only assume by this that he's brilliant and may have perfect pitch or at least be musical in the future! The past week or so he's also been sleeping even more than before. I've been told I shouldn't say this but, he's sleeping from about 11 to 9am. It's amazing and he wakes up very smiley and happy. That may be my most favorite moment of the day. You can't really feel tired when you see that smiley face peeking out from the crib ready to greet the day. He is a true joy!
This Thanksgiving I found even more reasons than usual to be thankful! We were blessed this year with the most amazing gift in Jack. Derek and I are still truly amazed by what a perfect little boy God gave us. It is almost too much for us to comprehend! We are so thankful for Jack and the journey we've set out on as parents. We're also very thankful for Derek's job. Back at the beginning of my pregnancy Derek along with most of his office were laid off. He was out of work for several months and then went back to work for FOX. It has been a great transition and we couldn't be more thankful. We still know so many people out of work and so we're thankful in this season for jobs. I am really thankful that we're in the position that I can stay home and take care of Jack. I don't think I could tear myself away from him. I am so thankful to see each smile and milestone unfold. We're also so thankful for our families and for all the support we've received this year especially with Jack. Hopefully you all had great Thanksgivings and were able to reflect on your own list of thanksgiving.
Here are pics from the past week or so. I know that's what you're all waiting for! Enjoy! Love Tam, Derek, Jack & of course Sadie...
ps Sadie went with us for Thanksgiving incase you're worried she's been neglected. She's also spent the last 2 nights curled up in front of the fireplace. She's still very loved!
Thankful for a healthy, happy Jack! I still can't believe he's really here. I had fun playing with Sadie on T/giving. Next is Santa... :)
ReplyDelete