Wednesday, May 12, 2010

6 Months!

Jack Carter turned 6 months old on March 20th. He had his check up with Dr. Knapick and weighed a whopping 15 lbs 8 oz was 26 inches long and had 3 shots. The shots were the pits. Jack did great although there were tears. Derek actually said as we were leaving with our sniffly baby that "we're never doing shots again." Poor dad. I think we're in the clear on shots till 12 months. We're all happy about that!

Jack has started shaking his head back and forth like "no". He's not really saying no but, trying to get us to copy him. When we shake our head he cracks up! He's also getting really ticklish. His knees, shoulders and neck are very ticklish. He loves the anticipation of being tickled! Jack's very aware of Sadie and loves to run around the house to chase her. We hold him out and run behind Sadie and he just laughs and laughs. I think it's the beginning of a great relationship!

We started baby food during Jack's 6th month. He devoured EVERYTHING...except peas! I mean the kid ate all the fruits--prunes, apples, peaches, pears, bananas--veggies--sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, carrots but no peas. He makes such a bad face when you try to sneak in the peas! Derek was strangely proud of Jack not eating peas since peas are Derek's all time least favorite veggie. He eats rice cereal and loves it! He says yum, after almost every bite!

Jack is still very verbal. He's very happy usually and laughs often. He is working on saying bababababa. So far we haven't heard any real words but, we're waiting!

During his 6th month we celebrated his first Easter. He wasn't sure what we were really doing but, we all loved sharing his first Easter! We had Easter with the Phillips family and watched his cousins hunt eggs. I'm sure Jack will be all about hunting Easter eggs by next year! We had a fun day and were glad Derek was off work. Easter Sunday Derek had to work:(I took him to church on Sunday morning with my folks and we sat on the FRONT ROW. We never do that but it was crowded. I thought that was an absolutely crazy move since Jack has started to be so verbal but, to my amazement, he was quiet during the songs, slept through the whole service and woke up smiling at the end. What an angel baby right! I didn't get a picture of him at church but, he was sporting his adorable, tiny argyle sweater vest! ha. Very cute!

So our 6th month was wonderful. Jack stayed healthy for the whole month and was such a good baby! We can hardly wait to see what's next~we love you Jack!
Jack sporting his sunglasses-getting ready for summer!
My dad thinks Jack's sunglasses are awesome so we needed this pic!
One of the few pics we got of our sweet boy Easter weekend
Jack loves eating---prunes are the fruit of the day!
Wild Jack making one of his random faces
Cute boy-I cut his hair moments after this photo. CRAZY hair!
6 month photo shoot...I couldn't resist! And you people wonder why I don't have time to blog. heehe!
Sadie sneaking in the photo shoot! She loves Jack!
Jack has been trying to sit up like this for months...he still hasn't made much improvement but he practices alllll the time!

Sorry this post is underlined...I can't figure out how to change that! Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment